A random collection

Sunday, August 2, 2009

TechCrunch quits iPhone for GoogleVoice

clipped from www.techcrunch.com
I’m abandoning the iPhone and AT&T. I will grudgingly pay the $175 AT&T termination fee

What finally put me over the edge? It wasn’t the routinely dropped calls, something you can only truly understand once you have owned an iPhone (and which drove my friend Om Malik to bail). I’ve lived with that for two years. It’s not the lack of AT&T coverage at home. I’ve lived with that for two years, too. It certainly isn’t the lack of a physical keyboard, that has never bothered me. No, what finally put me over the edge is the Google Voice debacle.

Google Voice is a call management service that lets you determine what calls get through to you based on who’s calling and what time of day it is, among other factors. It has amazing features, like automatically transcribing all your voicemails. And you can forward calls to any other phone
Google is planning on rolling out number portability, so I can move my mobile phone number to Google
Users say goodbye as Apple and AT&T are blocking Google Voice App


I'm glad he mentioned phone number portability - if you read the full article there is a point mentioning that this Google Voice feature essentially turns the iPhone and AT&T into a "dumb pipe" for the Google Voice application. - that's what they want to block.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog